Further questions? Please find below some initial answers regarding our CAD design software.
How long does initial training on Palette CAD take?
- Operating Palette CAD is intuitive and is fundamentally based on familiar Microsoft Office solutions.
- Anyone who is familiar with Windows can often get going after only a few hours of practice.
How long will I need for one design?
This depends on the job and the complexity of the design. Here are a few guideline figures:
- You can create a simple bathroom interior design in half an hour.
- You will generally need around 1-2 hours for a stove project with 3D views, parts list and construction dimensions.
- A simple kitchen design including furniture can be done in 20 minutes.
- 1-3 hours should suffice for the design of a made-to-measure wall unit with a 3D view and preparatory work for NC manufacturing.
Which operating systems are supported?
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32 and 64-bit).
- Apple: Palette CAD does not have a dedicated version for Mac. However, we have customers that use Palette CAD with Mac OS X sucessfully when operated with the Parallels software. With version 8 of Palette CAD and onwards software Boot Camp can aslo be used.
- Linux: Unfortunately, Palette CAD does not run on Linux. However, it is no problem if the Windows computers on which Palette CAD is running are networked via a Linux network.
Is Palette CAD network-compatible?
- Palette CAD can be used in a network.
- The Palette CAD program itself always runs on your local computer.
- Catalogues and designs can be stored on the network.
- There is a dongle for networks (i.e. the dongle sits on the server and enables a given number of users).
Can Palette CAD be operated via a terminal server?
- Palette CAD can also be "remotely operated" online via the Windows terminal server or Citrix Presentation server, for example.
- Caution: Hardware acceleration for the graphics card is not available on all terminal servers.
How do I obtain inexpensive updates?
- Regular updates for programs and catalogues are included in the service partnership.
- Membership of the service partnership is optional.